Monday, December 1, 2008

Bridges remedy ...






It looks like I am a "Remedy girl" ... hehe ...










So I present for you my "Bridges remedy" ....










These are the four directions surrounding one of my favorite contemplating spots.

The bridge is formed of 6 cement parts ,so I stand leaving three parts to my right and 3 to my left and gaze at the horizon. I believe in what is called "Expanding Horizon" ... I am 100% sure that I have never looked twice at the same horizon .. its always different and able of making me feel like a free bird that can fly far far away.

Standing on a bridge Is an act of mutual understanding . When I see cars going both ways I think that those who are heading left think that those on the other side are going "opposite ways" and so do the others. Both parties are not wrong , still: both are not right for both parties are looking from their own perspective!!

But mostly I love bridges as a result of all the literautre stuffed in my head. The bridge of Hemingway , the bridges of Abd-arahman Muneef and mostly the bridges of the algerian novelist Ahlam Mostaghanmi. They always symbolized the state of being hesitant and reluctant, for me : standing on a bridge is always the final point of "decision process"... may you never hesitate :)

No comments: