Saturday, December 6, 2008

BolBol Shopping : )

2 days away from Eid Al-Adha my mother , brother , his wife and I hit the streets to do some shopping. My brothers wife (pregnant of 3 months) wanted to buy those pants that can strech as my nephew streches (all of this is weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird). As always I wanted to buy nothing, preparing myself to run through the things I like.

We went to the Baleh in share3 e6elyani ( Amman- downtown -Italian Hospital street).
I wonder where did all the poor people go for the baleh is no longer baleh!!! Prices are funny expensive , and there is some kind of agreement between the shops owners which leads to firm non-negotiable stupid prices.

Did I ever mention anything about taking men shopping? Really: DONT!! They are boring. If it was for me and my mom (as it had always been) it would have been a funny thing and we would have easily changed the street looking for better prices. But my brother started the "jordanian - male - shopping" drama and we decided to leave el-Balad and head toward Jabal Al-Hussein.

We got lost and eventually we reached Mo5ayyam El-7ussien (al-Hussein refugees camp). We wandered around a little bit ,bought a thing or two while my brothers wife was nagging about eveything (the smell, the crowd . the noise ) My mother told her: Just Go And wait in the car!!! they went in an instance. And so we were left: My mom and I.

I felt reliefed. Shopping in poor, dirty , crowded and apparently ugly places has alwyas been my moms and I hobby. We have always wandered around el-balad , sagf esail and el-hussein just the two of us, and putting aside the 6,987.889 things that we dont agree about , these little trips has been very special moments that we shared in silence . Mom has given me all the confidence I lacked .

I know that am very conservative (even narrow minded) when it comes to my family and to the things am used to. I have a wonderful sister in low, I really like her and I deeply appreciate her effort through this pregnancy that makes her feel bad all the time. I know that she is suffering for our sake but am still not used to Having her around my FAMILY ... I think its all about time ... time is going to work this out am sure :) .


I took more than 50 fotos today , but I had to take them without concentartion or even enjoying the action of "taking a picture" because down there in El-Balad taking a picture makes everyone look at you. The worst part of all when a girl passes by while you are taking a picture. I really wanna know why these witches think that I am so into thier so-called BEAUTY. They can sue me by the way for intruding their civil shit rights ..bla bla bla bla bla ...




First View in El-Balad when you come down from Jabal Amman
Clouds were perfect today ; )





















Toys shopping for my 26 cusions (mashalla)



I hesitated until I chose my sword..these are colorful but very weak



Very Adha like foto.. with the sheep wandering in the background ; )















We bought a lovely bucket ... It looks like the bucket that Nancy Ajram used in her first clip.. hehe
we put all our stuff inside the bucket and we walked happily ; )

Cheap Candy shopping
As we have an army of little children in family then we always get 2 types of candy: A cheap kind that children can mess up with . A good kind for the elder ones to enjoy the taste.














The look on the faces of manicans gives me a cold feeling.
I remeber what Ghada As-samman said about manicans in her book "Beirut nightmares".. she said that some women are similar to manicans and the only difference that manicans have their prices written on a piece of paper stuck to their fronts.
God bless you Ghada.







Now call me old-fasioned, stupid , rusty narrow minded but this is impolite!!
Where the hell did all pants and skirts go!!



Little children were playing in these holes wearing under pants and pressing their faces toward dust and rubbish (lucky them!!)

An asociation for children rights ... hehehehe..










car window fotos



Soiltude





Hashemite Plaza
Try number one:

Try number two:

Try number Three:
Camera is set ,,, Everything is ready and out of the blue comes this lovely friend:
Alba bus : Thanks a lot for making the picture even nicer..heheh ;)





Edges of taxi cars gives a dynamic sensation to pictures.

Car window picture : Trying to take a picture of the Roman Auditarium ... apparentelyI did not succeed ;)


Car window picture: I wanted to zoom to get a better picture for the Toys factory on the top of the hell , but I did not have enough time. :)



Italian Hospital

I did not want to take a picture for the dude who is holding bread in his hands.. but he passed infront of the sad tree.

For me as a passer-by I love to take pictures for stairways , windows and balconies because being familiar to these parts means being familiar to the entire place.
Baleh shoes:
A pair of these would cost you 25-30 JD
Hehehe .. thats so funny ...After all its still baleh we Are not in Adidas or Nike or something!!
For me I prefer walking bare-footed than feeling that am stepping on 30 JDs



I love these...Especially those designed for boys who play football

Women shoes...booooo

Maxim mall : Way home to Sport City.

Shopping aftermath

When we go back home we have to revise our things


These are my toys


Grendiezer-san on a sand stick card ; )


Sand bags with which am going to color Grendiezer-san



Bubblessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I love them



My cusions toys (a part of them actually)
Nancy Ajrams bucket filled with candy bags

Eid candy finally mixed in the bucket

We arrived home to find that Aunt Om omar has sent us our ma'mool share.

Unbelievably delicious ... like every year.

So I guess its: Happy Eid :)

No comments: