Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Watashi no Hitsuji

As its the first Eid with me having a salary and money of my own I bought a sheep and sacrified it. My grandpa bought him a couple of days eralier ,but I did not let myself see him until 15 minutes before he was gone... I know myself: I will get emotionally envolved with him and then "letting him go" process is going to take more effort.
When I went down the garden (Actually its called حاكورة... nothing has the music of this word) he was in the elder chicken room. As soon as I stopped next to the window he put his feet on the edge and peaked up to see me. I took this picture for him then ... that look in his eyes made me feel that he understood ... He understood why is going and It did not bother him really.
When the boys took him out of the room he did not resist and so he did when the butcher layed him down on the ground in order to sacrify him . He was a good boy, so peaceful and quiet. It was so fast that I did not have time to give him a name this is why I called him "Hitsuji" (japanese word for : sheep).
May God bless his soul and may God accept from me the way he accepted from our father Ibrahim. Amen

No comments: