Sunday, December 7, 2008

We are going to miss you guys.. You made us proud

On Thursday, Languages Center in my University ( University of Jordan) Held the open day for the american students who have just finished their arabic language course in JU.

They performed many beautifull sketches that amazed the audience and here I post the sketch I liked the most. Its performed by three brilliant arabic language students : Alex, Colin and Roth.

(For some technical $#%&hit I could not post it here ... youtube is just fine).
Maybe the voice is a little bit blured , because I was sitting on the top of the auditaurium so here is a part of the poetry they recited:
لنفترق احبابا فالطير كل موسم يغادرالهضاب والشمس يا حبيبي تكون احلى عندما تحاول الغياب


سأمضي فلا تسأليني انتظار
و اترك جرحي لديك اعتذار
سأرحل عنك بعيدا بعيدا
و لو كان في البعد جرح و نار
بربك ... لا تظلميني كثيرا لأني اختصرت الوداع .. اختصار
لأن الرواية فصل قصير وبيني وبينك نزل الستار

فأرجوك فكي عناق الأيادي فقط أطلقت صافرات القطار


عام مضى و أنا أحبك في الدقيقة ألف عام
يا كوكبي الوردي يا نجماً تدثر بالغمام
قد مر عام
الطوق في يديك مرتجف كأدنحة الحمام
قد مر عام
و أشياؤك القديمة تنزوي حتى نعلمها الكلام
قد مر عام


متى ستعرف كم اهواك يا املا
ابيع من أجله الدنيا و ما فيها
لو تطلب البحر في عينيك اسكبه او تطلب الشمس في كفيك ارميها
انا احبك حاول ان تساعدني فإن من بدء المأساة ينهيها


سمراء يا سمراء بي إليك شوق ظالم
..... اللقاء القادم
لا تتركيني لم يكن لولاك هذا العالم


قل لي قل لي هل احببت امرأة قبلي
نور العقل
كيف تصير المرأة حين تحب شجيرة فل
كيف تصير المرأة عن عاشقها نسخة حب طبق الأصل






I liked another two sketches, one of them was the arabic version of "Snow-white and the seven dwarves". Sadly I could not videotape this one because I was so busy laughing .. The performance of "Asad" (who played the role of snow-white and fixed false breasts)(OoOoO) could have caused me a heart attack because I laughed my lungs out.

Abraham performed an american song from his home state translated to arabic ... "Purple Rain" with an inspiring funny playing on a little instrument that looked like guitar for me ;)

here I uploaded his voice :
and here is a copy of the original song:
No big differencr really ... Thanks a lot Abraham : )



Students of Level one singing jordanian song : "Hashmi Hashmi".



Students dancing a folklore dance "Dabke".

Aliet taught them ho to dance and they were Professional

I dont want to forget any of the sketches... I remeber the jordanian food sketch.. very funny one , the love song that scandalized the CIEE employee.. hehe .. I laughed so damn hard as he turned red , black and purple.

The whole cermony was very enjoyable , funny and emotional as all students are going back to America after 10 days. Through this post I want to tell them all that you have done us so proud with your arabic language level and with your intersest in our heritage and culture.

I believe that the warm feeling that we have joined in the few months they spent here in Jordan the best peace message. I believe that all human are brothers and sisters no matter what politicians might think.

I know I should be mixing a little more with foriegn students , its just that am a little shy ... I will get over it next times so I wont feel the grief am feeling now.

Come back for a visit ... you have our love ; )

4 comments:

Aliet said...

Thanx Taktokti 4 this!! I really loved everything too...that was a great day!!
and Snow-White...Asad was the cutest "GIRSL" ever!! lol
and the video is great...4get the unclear image..the voice is clear and thats great!!
nice pictures!!!

Unknown said...

"I believe that all human are brothers and sisters no matter what politicians might think."

Truer words may never have been spoken. I'm really happy that you enjoyed all of the performances, and I want to thank you for the warm words of appreciation. What made time in Jordan amazing, truly, was the warmth and selfless friendship offered by everyone. And so next week when I leave it will be like leaving a second home--there will be sadness and hesitancy at first, but soon I shall come to realize that even though I am gone I carry with me the warmth of these cherished memories. This will be solely because of the friendliness of the people in Jordan, people like yourself. Thank you so much!

Shane Woerner

EvaLuna said...

You are so welcome my dearest aliet... I guess the students were too lucky to have you around them..
You carry the blossom of our culture and religion .. I am proud of you

EvaLuna said...

My dearest shane
Is not sad that I have not got to meet each and every one of you untill last day !!
Well its never late as we can always be friends.

I will keep posting pictures of jordan here so you wont feel homesick .. hehe ...

You are always more than welcome :)