Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Abdel Haleem Hafez's Funeral: A pause to think



I watched this video a couple of times and then lost all powers to keep on watching it. It gave me the chills specially seeing that girl throw her self off that balcony ,,,,
I am a Muslim , and ending ones life by his own well is out of discussion for me , its totally unacceptable , but here and for the sake of argument I wanna put aside my beliefs and look at it ... How on earth can I see that I understand what the girls did!!! I can!!

I know what Haleem means to us , all of us , the men the women the girls and especially those who have lived in the same time as him ... He represented love on its best course , purity , the dreams of the poor , the sick the suffering marginalized people ... seeing him die is too hard ,, so hard

Although committing suicide is a crime that I cat justify but I can imagine what was going on the girls minds ,,, Yes I can!!

No comments: