Saturday, May 29, 2010

La Torre de Suso: Music is the fifth actor!



In internet something leads you to something that leads you to something that you really like!!
I was searching Javier Camara who is a spanish actor starring my favorite spanish series "7 Vidas'' and meanwhile I found a link to a movie of his so I downloaded it thinking that I might translate it to arabic.

This evening I watched the movie and it was a blast!! I really loved it , not only because I enjot the music of Spanish but also because I needed to see another culture in movies. I did not know how I fed up I was with american movies. Dont get me wrong , I love american movies with all their details , the taxis of New York , the Bridge of San Fransisco , tha tram , Dunkin donuts , Starbucks , the carton cups of cofe and the hamburgers sold in restaurants on the borders of states right under the neon lights of a cheap motel.

I love everything about them , but its time that we see another details of another country and another culture. Like getting used to see the paving of the streets of Spain , or the silence of the dawn in the remote Spanish northern villages, that deep wonderful level of color ''green'' that spain has, the light bulbs in the streets , the phone both , the way people talk , touch each other, how friends are so warm and how do people dress ,,,, its just wonderful to see that in screen ,, its just like being back in Spain! No one knows how meaningful that is to me ,,, its like getting back in the Dream!!

So ,,, Back to the movie ...
It tells the story of a guy who used to screw everyhting and his life is a pile of nothing. He works in Argentine and comes back to his village in Spain to attend the funeral of his friend Suso. With the re encounter with his old friends they decide to build a homage tower for their deceased friend knowing that he always longed for it.

The friends have changed throughout the years and their memories of each other withered but meanwhile they built the tower they manged to fix things between each other and between their past when they used to be drug addicts and hooligans.

When its told This looks like a normal story!!! but it is not .... this movie is all about details , the way they say things , the way they mumble or say things just as we do in our daily life not as ''Actors'' do in ''Movies'' ,,,, how true and honest the faces of all actors and above all: The music!!

Listen to the soundtrack after you see my wonderful Javier Camara






No comments: