Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Muslim sisters all over the world


Today was a special Friday , like most Fridays ever since I form a part of a religious minority.

A few weeks ago a Christian Jordanian friend told me that its too hard to be a part of minority , but I think that the contrary is right.

In Jordan I belong with everybody , because we are all jordanians , we have a civil bond, and I dont really think about the Islamic bond between me and my Muslim brothers and sisters.

So this Friday I saw a big group of Asian Muslim girls in the mosque , so I went to them and said hello , we started talking and then I asked them if they would like to join the rest of us on our weekly traditional tea shop trip , and they came.

On our way to the tea shop Wafa gave us an explanation about Albayzin neighbourhood , and then we had the cutest three hours of tea , Moroccan sweets and great great stories of 9 amazing Muslim young women who study in a prestigious university in Japan and speak fluent Japanese ,, young women who came in a trip to Granada only to see Alhambra and pray in the new mosque ,,, they are proud of their Islam and they apply it with all its details.

Seeing them pray , read Quran and pronounce Arabic gave me the greatest feeling : I dont form a Minority , I am an international Muslim citizen ,,, Alhamdulillah :)

No comments: