Saturday, March 26, 2011

A great evening riding bikes

I have had my bike for how long now? Since October!!! But today I felt like I have just got it ,,,, Sadoof , Hadeel , Malak and I took it to the park in Joaquin Eguarras Street and we played.

I spent almost two to three hours teaching Sadoof how to cycle , then Hadeel tried and fell on her knee but manged to cycle a couple of meters and then there was the surprise of Malak , she just got on the bike and so naturally cycled till the end of the park... I was so happy to see her float in the open air ,, she has a feminine style , that I felt so proud to look at her: a muslim modest young woman cycling so neatly and happily in a park in Spain , where the only muslim women seen are the bored housewives who have the same look of boredom on their faces.

I felt that I have justgot the bike ,,, I crossed a line today , I have always worried about falling , about people looking , about looking stupid and about cars crushing me ,,, but today -specially after Malak fixed something in the gears - I had wings all over my soul ...

I am happy happy happy ,, soaked in sweat , dust and grease but the sacred moments on my bike are some eternal moments that will always enrich the person who I am.

4 comments:

Rasha said...

am so proud of you mmmmmmmmwa

EvaLuna said...

Whic Rasha are you?
Rasheed? Shaheen?

Rasha said...

hehe ana rasha shaheen italiana

EvaLuna said...

keef bas rasha shaheen? 3ajbatek a que si? besosssssssssssssssss