Saturday, March 28, 2009

KUBAN Circassian Dance Troupe: The Best Day in My Life so far!!!



On Thursday night (March 26) I went to KUBAN Circassian Dance Troupe Party ( Al-ahli club) in International academy theater. I arrived like 5 minutes before they started ... the room was full in a way that freaked me out ( I naturally tend to freak out when I enter new places alone .. but I double freaked out because I guess I was the only non-circassian in the entire room ..loool).


I found an empty seat right in the middle of the room and as I sat my eyes landed on the bitch batool who once made fun of me because of my phone ringtone ( long story but she is an extreme bitch). I did not look for familiar faces .. I loved being alone (after sara could not get a ticket) and as they turned off the lights I streched my back and turned on all my senses.











A view of the theatre before turning off the lights




The room was in extreme darkness when suddenly the sound of "Bshena" cracked the blackness... in that exact moment something in my head said: "Its true!!" I could not believe that IT IS happening to me. For many years I have always cut concerts and parties commercials from newspapers but my family who does not like music always made a joke out of this deep longing to music I have. In that moment I did need to pinch me in order to make sure that I am there : I will see true dancers coming from behind the scenes in a minute ..



I know it sounds stupid but before anything started the sound of Bshena made me cry like a sponge ... A lifetime was layed infront of my eyes... I remebered when I was a child who watches circassian dancers on Jordan Television every morning and always thinks that circassian girls dont have feet and move on wheels. I was a minute away from making sure about a childhood fantasy ... how pure and wonderful was I ... What an everlasting moment was that !!



The light spot streched and the band was sitting in the back of the stage .. wearing wine-red circassian outfits and holding their instruments ... I remember seeing 3 Bshenas ... a Violin a pair of drums and the wooden fan that makes the cracking voice.



A short video was displayed to tell the story of how circassians were forced to leave home in Qafqasia and travel a long trip to where they are now, it also talked about the message of the nation being conveyed from old generations to new ones.



Shots from the video:












Then the show started ...I cant really write something different for every dance of the many dances that were presented but I hold every moment deep deep down in the memory of my heart. The Video camera I borrowed from Aliet went kapum after 15 seconds!! I did not get mad .. I just loved taping the whole thing using my eyes and head ...









Those photos can easily win the prize of "Worst photos ever taken by a sonyericsson w850i camera" because I was sitting far away and the strongest zoom could not help but to blur the picture even more .. hehehe






This picture shows Barina when she performed her song ... She was standing infront of at least 400 persons but sill singing with the calmness of a girl standing alone in her room. She looked like an extreme angel with the dress she was wearing , the lighting that soaked her , the gentle way in which she holds the microphone and the sweet way in which she pronounces the "linguistically impossible" circassian letters :p



She is a star ... a Big Big one indeed :)






This is the other song Barina performed accompanied with a wonderful pianist ...






This picture shows the last dance when dancers came wearing all colors symbolising all circassian tribes and they performed that unbelieveable show where they were rubber-like flexible... girls were gentle like spring breezes... Guys were flying in the air with their feet touching their shoulders from backwards ... at the end an old guy came out and danced with Barina symbolising the solidarity between old generation and new generation ...



They made a formation that I dont know what its called , but its something I have seen many times on Youtube and when they did it I was like "Oh dear God!!!!!" I saw it with my own eyes when they form a wall of bodies and they move like a fan that parts in more little groups ... wonderful .


Just like this video (the formation starts at 1:04 seconds)





The audience was a little noisy but having an entire circassian audience was so useful for the "clap" part .. there was harmony ... (I found out that I clap my hands like a boy!!)



All girls showed some feet except for Barina who danced like my extreme fantasy ... she was floating on the stage and not making any effort ...



At the end they made something Barina says its called "Jag" where boys and girls dance in pairs for a little while then they switch ... and with the great music the curtain was drown over a huge number of gifted wondeful and hard-working dancers.

I went down and hugged Barina and took this modest photo of her dress .




I waited for my Dad outside sitting on a chair like this one and reading a novel for Jesus Ferrero and enjoying the great feeling of such an overwhelming experience.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

glad u liked it.

EvaLuna said...

Dear Djadow thanks a lot .. where you there? if not you should get the DVD they are preparing .. it will be ready in a while and you should watch it .. it was PERFECT!!!

I have a question: how do you get to find others bligs? my blog as an example?

Thanks for passing by and hope I can have a look at your blog too (curiousity killed the cat:)

momiji said...

When I read the post u wrote before, when you said that u are going to attend that,I thought you are circassian, and only circassians can attend...

Any one can attend?
If yes, please tell me the next time you will go^^

"circassian girls dont have feet and move on wheels"
hahaha , I was thinking the same thing about Darawish Dancers! :D

Glad that u enjoyed ur time :)

EvaLuna said...

No momji am not circassian ,, am a 100% percent irbid product heheh ... listen there is a party next Friday at 8 in Unternational academy Amman .. you get a ticket for 12 jds and its worth it .. really ...

And lsn : You have a face that would go with the flow .. heheh

Ms annonymous said...

hey .. when i read what you wrote .. i got touched in the bottom of my heart .. and amazed by the great description you did about us .. i feel really blessed and happy because that is the way you feel or felt ... i really appreciate what you wrote .. and for being a member in the troupe i thank you in the name of everyone :)

EvaLuna said...

Ms annonyms I am sorrey I have not seen the reply before but I am happy to get it.
A person does not long to be thanked for loving the things that he loves , still when he gets appreciation for his words it feels too wonderful ... thanks for the sweet reply and plz contact me i would love to chat even more about the dance , the troupe and everything :)