Saturday, March 7, 2009

If it had been any worse I would have strangled myself

No pictures available
Just arrived back from the Haiku contest , I will try my hardest to be subjective and well mannered in the following points:
1- Many presentations had nothing to do with the Haiku they talked about.
2-No one picked a picture that really goes witht the poem and still mangaes to attract eyes except for Yazan-san.
3-Some dear contestants were acting and filling the room with false feelings and manipulating my vomiting urges.
4-If the audience is so gad damn disgusting why do some people still feel like being in platform and keeping their disgusted faces on?
5-Horrible arabic grammatical mistakes were made and they were not taken in consideration .
6-Perfect presentations were just ignored like presentations of Ala'a san and Nada san. Alaa talked about the appreciaton of happiness through sadness and Nada talked about the kites that poor boys use to purchase their dreams. I had to stop the too of them while the were leaving to tell them that they were the best.
7- The judging was a full disgusting mess.. the girl who won is a good actor but knows nothing about poetry .. no one of the winners deserves winning but Fawz san...
I know I sound so harsh and mean ... I am trying to look at the bright side but the thing is that I cant find any!!! Is this the Highly arranged contest that I was kicked off?!!!! I have been dwelling in regret for the last 22 days to finally come and find these rusty presentations taking my place?!! I was kicked out to give them this space so they can go home with japanese dictionaries and I go home feeling what I am feeling now!!!
Last years contest was like a 17 thousand millon times better , maybe the handing out date was not the criteria ... I dont know ...
This is a failure and I cant but feel sorrey because after all this whole Japanese jordan thing feels like home for me ... I feel like a part of it and when it deals with such failure i have the feeling that I myself had failed.
I wanna know why the hard work of everyone was shattered away like this!!
Some thing WRONG went on today and it has o be something BIG.
I got it off my chest ... offffffffffft
Have a nice day >> dozo yoroshkou onigaishimasu (what does that mean)!!!

4 comments:

ukyou said...

Thanks for the opinions Takwa san.

Although i disagree with you on many points, to each his own opinion! Your comments will be put into perpsective for next year.

As for presentations not being about the haiku, the way you understand the haiku is subjective and not objective, there is no "correct" comprehension. Of course if somebody started talking about aliens invading earth using one of the haikus yesterday then that would BE a big miscomprehension. Every body is entitled to his opinion. I thought everyone was very open and expressive.

A GOOD Presenatation is a part of the haiku appreciation no matter how u see it. This is why we advised every one to prepare amd be expressive

Judging is not easy to handle. you can only explain much before you actually influence the judges which is a big no no! By the way we had no influence on the judging whatsoever.

By the way last year there was no haiku section. And you were not kicked out!

EvaLuna said...

My Dearest Dearest Sensei ..
I did not mention anything about judging being influenced , I only said that those who won on Haiku section were the least predictable except for Fawz-san and If any thing I said had given you this feeling then I apologize .

And sensei: Yes I was kicked out. You told me I cant be a part of the contest 22 days ago and I did not blame you nor I blamed anyone , I confessed right through this blog that it was all my fault and I should have handed out m y presentation on time . But when I saw what I saw yesterday I felt that it was not fair .. you had a copy of my presentation , it is not that I totally ignored the contest , its just that it took longer time to do the translation.

All what I wish that next year they will be a criteria in which people are accepted, trust me: If I knew that my pass card to the contest was handing on time I would not have hesitated.

Maybe next year you will have to play the "Bad cop" and tell people right in their faces that their presentations are not accepted because they suck and then no one gets hurt. (They will hate you for a while but then they will go back to liking you, and they will not insult the history of haiku).

Best Regards
your daughter
EvaLuna

ukyou said...

Takwa san

I repeat, you were not kicked out. Deadlines are deadlines. They cannot be ignored as they serve a purpose to motivate and control.
Factor in as well the number of peopele to be accepted is limited. That is why the deadline was set.

As for the Haiku presentations, My personal opinion (actually being around since the first time the Haiku section was introduced)in 2003) is that they were ALL well thought of, there was no "Weird" presentations or we would have not accepted them. We refused several presentations because they were not up to the standard that we had for the contest.

Nobody who participated this year insulted the history of Haiku, I believe all gave it their best and they should be commended for it!

EvaLuna said...

Then cobgratulations:)