Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Boy Was out for Yogurt

My friends and I went to El-balad shopping for our Spanish Puppets Show. We looked a lot fora shop that sells puppets and as we walked I told my friends litteraly: I changed my bag today because I have a feeling that am goinig to be robbed today. The next thing: We find that wonderful shop that has hundreds of dolls and toys Baleh and a lot of puppets. When we asked the shop guy for puppies a man who was shopping asked us if we work on puppets or is it a one time activity.. we talked a little bit and the guy turned to be a manager in the company that produces: "Sesame Street" .. I told him I write senario so he gave me his card and left. I took out my wallet and put the card in it and then HUGGED it. I was happy as the puppets were exactly what we wanted and the card gave me a good feeling that I MIGHT finally dedicate myself to one thing.

When we wanted to pay for the puppets: PUFFF there is no Takwa wallet!! We looked and looked but: NOTHING.

4 men from 4 different shops were runnning in diffferent directions behind a woman who entered the shop for 10 seconds and left. I did not see her , I just heard her voice and if I hear it again I would recognize it. Some said she wore Khimar , some said she wore Hijab and blue pants(In both ways: I was ashamed, why do they have to insult the most nobel concept in the world:Isalm!!!).

The guys went back empty handed , my friends were let down. For my own surprise: I felt good. I knew it would happen, as if I had a look on my part of the story of today and so I was calm and thinking about one thing: Your pictures were in there, How much am gonna miss your childish pauses, How much I am gonna miss going over your lashes before I sleep.

Am I a drama junky? I guess am not but the truth is that I did not feel bad, I was trying to imagine how can a Muslim Steal? really .. how can a muslim put a peny in his pocket when it is not his.. It hurts really ...

So my friends and I bought the puppies (actully: they paid and I watched) . The good news is that we got a DISCOUNT for being robbed!! :)

We went to the ploice station , the word in arabic has more music: مخفر
We went to wast almadeena makhfar ... Its a spoky building that I once read about in a novel of my dearest jordanian writer Mo'nes Erazzaz , this is why it felt so familiar and fun. It had dark walls and an actual CELL called : الحجز التحفظي .

I talked to the cops and nicely addressed me to anothe makhfar that moderates the spot where I was robbed. (I was like: What the Hell!! I cant go to Philadelphia plice station, It was never mentioned in a novel!!) So we went.. Aliet was jumping all the way and saying: We are going to the police ..we are going to the police... My friends handeled it so well that we enjoued being annoyed:)

The other makhfar was so clean and well painted .. we sat in a room with a guy who humming in the phone and telling someone that the caught a car that had drugs (ops) and another car that had a bundle of weapons (oppps) and the cops mobile was robbed in el Balad (Bohahahaha).

He asked: do you have anything that proves your personality? Maybe that was the weirdest part of it all. I lost my civil ID , University ID , Cervantes ID , even my Gym card!! I had nothing on me that says that I am ME.

I think thats the lesson I needed to learn .. For many days now I have been wondering Who Really AM I .. am I a translator? A journalist? a novelist? a student? a spoiled kid? and I found out today in a moment when I had NOTHING that proves me that nothing I do or have would BE the person whom I am. Its me: Takwa-san who enjoys the worst things and takes a shower in the full half of the cup. Takwa-san who has this bundle of wonderful friends who would give her a good reason to laugh and hold a good mental picture of every minute. Thats me .. What a relief:)

Before I signed my statement I got this phone call and a man tells me that his son was back from the supermarket after he bought yogurt and he found my wallet right in the middle of the street in JABAL AMMAN!!

I went out to my friends and broke the news and we had a big big big hug infront of the elevators .. we looked like we just stepped out of a movie .. hehehe

All the girls took a bus home .. Lujain and I went to jabal amman in a taxi.. we met the boy and thanked him as we got back the wallet ... nothing was missing ... I pulled out the pictures ( I dont want to talk about this part, it fills my head with tears) ...

Later at night Dad called the father of the boy who found the wallet and we found out that the father has cancer and its a mteer of time for him to die!! .. ahhh it was a long long day with a lot of stuff to tell , but the most important of all : Those who hold God in their hearts never feel fear.





soog elbokharye

sabeel el horeyat - in our way to the second makhfar


God bless Jordanian police:)

Ja Mata Minasan

No comments: