Monday, April 6, 2009

A whole new Amman with Katie :)

Today Sarah And I took my Peer tutor (peer tutor no more: My Dear Friend) Katie to downtown shopping for Quran recordings ... It was so much fun although the weather was weeeeeird : Rainy , sunny , rainy , windy , cloudy . sunny again but most of all it was crazy.
If we skip the weather everything else was just perfect , mostly beacuse the best thing about Katie that silence is not heavy with her ... I feel so comfortable ... we talk we laugh and we take some foolish pictures :





A handicapped chair close to Dowwa Edakhlyye ;)


A view from the bridge close to al-mostashfa El-eslami ... nice bridge because the view beneath is so energetic :)


The stairs of Al-ahlyye Bookshop ...
Katie bought two bilingual books written in arabic and english , Sarah bought Ghassan Kanafani and I bought Rasool Hamzatov "Daghistan my home" .



I wish that time would stop when I am in Al-ahleyye .. or at least get locked in there for a few days ... ohhhhhhhhhhh when I become a millionaire I am going to bring a lorry, park it infront of the bookshop and pile everything in it.


Buying Knafe from Habeeba ... Katies special treat (She is into el-balad and into food.. so good she is leaving in 2 months , or else she will pay for extra weight on the plane..loool)





Guest of Honor ...Taraaaaa


Katie and Sarah (Sarah trying her hardest not to look like Sphinx;-)
Today I had very special time ,sepecially when I do my mental activity of "Looking through the eye of a stranger"... it was a whole new Amman from the perspective of my sensitive friend ...
As I did not get any pictures we went back to the university we took a picture with the decent camera of muhammad the photographer (he asked me about my canon.. heheh) and tomorrow he is bringing the prints and the flash memory ,so hold your breath for the perfect pictures .
Ja Mata;)

2 comments:

sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EvaLuna said...

Who was it? Almost was going to say a very ugly Irbidian proverb but I stopped ... not funny