Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mays is the Guy :)



A picture of us taken by a stranger after attending a mass in the Catedral of Granada .. we have had just bought two shawarma sandwiches and we passed by the church , we heard the voice of the prayers so we started looking in after we cracked the door. A guy suddenly opened the door and we were startled for a moment but then mays asked a very humble guy if we can come in , and he was so happy to lead us in. At the beginning everyone was standing and when they sat down mays and I pushed ourselves in a line next to 3 young guys (Really young to be religious!!). The guy next to me kept looking at me , at the beginning he was confused , then he lived with it: she is a muslim and she is in the mass.

The Catedral is overwhelming … the work in the architecture is just breathtaking . I did not take pictures because people were praying , so I sat and listened to the prayers.. I said amen after few phrases because they go with my belief …. The smell of the shawerma started spreading so we sneaked out !! It was a very nice experience , one of the many things that I would not have done if not with mays :)

No comments: