Thursday, November 19, 2009

At last: One spanish Girl!!!

Today we went to a cultural exchange session with Spanish dudes learning English. It was sooo much fun , the group is funny , diversed and has great harmony. So the names (so I will be able to come and check everytime I feel I forgot one): FRom the left: Byka -she is english- Antonio -From Jaen- Farah - English too- Puri - Granadina- Javier - Granadino/Baza- Me - Irbid looool- Andres - Granadino , is he? I am not sure?!- Rafa -Granadino- and the other guy I dont know him! He came last thing so we did not get the time to know him.

So ....
There are a lot of points I wanna point out to my own attention:
1- I thought I can speak English with a british accent: I cant!

2- Spanish people irritate me with there accent in English .. I appreciate the hard work of this group because they irritate much less than others.

3- Andres looks like someone I know ... he caught me staring at him more than once!! It was not comfortable I know , but its crazy when you meet someone for the very first time and you get the feeling that he has been in your life once before!!

4- Javier has to get over his engineering diploma and go work as one of those three options: 1- TV show host or news reader. 2- Radio Host for a very sentimental show with too much music an poetry in it. 3- A poet or at least novelist.

5- I wonder if I get thrilled for anything as I do when I am wandering around a place with a person who already knows it!! This session included the biggest number of Granadinos I have seen at once ever since I arrived here , so the way they passed through the streets and reached the places was just awesome for me.

6- There is something that I did not like at the beginning about Spanish people: When they hang out, they change the place more than two or three times in one night. So we spent two hours in Teteria (we were sitting on the ground actually) and then one of them said something about getting bored , so for my "Made in Jordan" mentality I thought that he wants to go home. It turned out this means: "Lets move to the next level" so they stood up and we went to another place.

7- If one more person asks me about Gathafi I am gonna kill myself.
8- English people are more conservative than arabs. They dont open up as fast as Spanish people... God how fast they open up , they tell you the history of their life time before you even know it!!! I love them , there social walls are tooooooo low .. sometimes they make me uncomfortable but most of the time I feel like "What the hell! its not a free country , its a "What the hell" country... I just adore Spain!!
9- I felt like I am first stepping into the country!! It just hit me that all what I know about Spain is stuff I heard or saw on TV!! I found out that here its normal if you are 18 and still live with your parents , its ok if you dont have a girlfriend/boyfriend ,,, it does not get you socially rejected as I used to think.
10- Kissing is a Spanish wonder!! You know, even if Islam said its ok to kiss people - which is the case with girls- I still feel its tooooo weird to lean against someone you have known for like 7 seconds and kiss him / her!! I prefer to be eating something really greasy at that moment so no one will come near me ... I am narrow minded , well join the choir if you know the words , but Kisses are out of the question!!


I loved the whole thing but the thing I loved the most is Puri... finally I got to meet a spanish girl whom I would talk to and feel good about it. Can you believe it? 2 months and not even one single female friend!!!

Next week I will come back with more .. stay tuned ...
Hasta Luego :)

2 comments:

Buen Salvaje said...

Andrés at the keyboard.
I think that in another life I could be that annoying bartender that always ignore you because is thinking about being in his happy place, hehehe.
We like you very much, Takwa! Sorry for the kissing thing, I promise I will try to restrain my emotional behaviour. But... just wait to get closer to spanish people, you're going to wear spiked wire or something like that, we are always touching each other!
PD: The guy on the left is Angel, one of my best friends!

EvaLuna said...

Wow!!!!!!!!so you you are one of those who write in English Wayyyy much better than speak!! I am gonna cry , am so proud of you!!! Angel has to come next time so he will be a best friend of me too :)... and about the kissing: dont worry , there is too much air for air kisses air hugs and everyhting looooool...

You will be a good bartender!! Good thought , but you look like someone I know , next time remind me , I will show you a picture, today with the shorter hair i remembered whom he was...

Listen , take a round on the blog , a lot of interesting stuff and comments in such wonderful english are always welcomed ... Beso :)