Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Durum Shawarma



Us buying Shawerma from durum .. Durum is a shawerma shop in Gran Via street , owned by a guy who looks exactly like Rushdi Abaza may Allah bless his soul … Today he was talking on the phone while making us the sandwiches and although I did not understand what was the language but I caught the vibe that he is talking to his love (Who ever wanted a translator for such conversations? .. Lets face it: Love is an international situation of stupidity :) . He asked us where were we from , so we told him that we are from Jordan . I asked him :Where are you from? So he pointed to his face and said : What do I look like? Mays said: Indian .. I said: Pakistani .. he was Pakistani :)
He said that we speak Spanish fastly that he did not think that we were foreigners . His Spanish is a little bit weak , so I asked him :What languages do you speak ? And he speaks 6 languages!!!! Spanish , English , Urdo , Sendi , Benjabi, and one more language that I cant recall.. is not that wonderful!!

No comments: