Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A day of kicking the routine: Da algo para la musica

Holaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Finally , I did it Today!! I woke up early , went to the dine and had my breakfast and headed toward the streets too early to get a glimpse of the true city where I am living.
Finally I had a feeling that I have been trapped in a routine and the worst part of it that I dont get to chose it. So I woke up early ,,,, I am so proud of me so so so proud ... I went to the Kiosk and bought a newspaper and went to Mirador de San Nicolas .. its a place where people go to see the sunset and the sunshine ,, I was there at almost 9 , I had my friend with me but she went to catch her class and I stayed.

At the beginning it was almost empty ,,, there were no one but me , Antonio the gypsy singer and Herminia (its not her name but I thought she looks like Herminia from "Ceuntame") ... She is an old lady ho sells Castanuelas , which are wooden instruments on the shape of a shell that flamenco dancers use to crack with there fingers ...

Antonio would sing with his gorgeous deep voice and Herminia would dance with her castanuelas with her stuffed body that looks like it had had a wide history of dance and beauty .... Ahhhhhhhhhh I was extremley happy listening and watching them while reading my paper and drinking cocacola .

Antonio would sing a song then hold the guitar as a spoon and make a round on all of these who watch him and say with all the confidence that exists in the world: "Da algo para la musica" " give something for the music" >> I gave him a euro and asked him to play me anything for Manolo Escobar mm he said nothing just went back to his place and played "Soy un hombre del campo" "I am a man from the village" and dedicated it to me!!! God I was so happy

Afterwards come a huge number of school students who assisted a class right there in front of Alhambra about legendes related to the palace,,, then came a class of little children ,, really little m but when Antonio started playing they offered him a lot of money..
I was surprised with the level of culture they have : A young person of 10 years would put a part of his pocket money for a gypsy singer ,, they do appreciate the beauty of this sidewalk art!!

I love this about Spain ,,, I think how blessed i am to be in a country where i can here a background music of my each and every moment....

Here are some pictures



The croos os the mirador and on the background you can see the Masjid of Granada :)
Herminia is the woman with the red jacket and Antonio (obviously) the one with the guitar

Thats the edge where i was sitting reading overlooking Alhambra
The Fielld trip >>>> very nice children ....

I will be back with the songs that Antonio sang ,,, I love you Granada .. I really and deeply do :(

No comments: