Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flowers of Francisco: When things find you

God!!! Before I came here I had in my mind that I am not gonna get too involved with the city because I know its not more than 4 months , and who knows if i will ever be back. But the way things are happening around here are getting me way tooooooooooooo involved than I would ever imagine!!
Tonight we went out Lulu-san and I looking for Hotel Carmen. Lulu-san met a class of Spanish students who are taking an English course in the languages center, and they were looking for people who speak English so they will make cultural exchange sessions with them . The encounter place was Hotel Carmen and we did not know where that is , so - being suddenly too responsible- we decided to go find the place today better than getting lost tomorrow while people are waiting for us.
We found the hotel without any effort , it was right there close to our faculty in the center of
Granada , but there we saw a wide paved street for the use of pedestrians only, so we took it. There was a big map in a window , it looked like a commercial but it has a port on its side and it says something about entering half euro or a euro , so we were examining the thingy trying to know how it works when an old guy came to us and told us that this is a machine that prints maps , you tell it where are you going and it prints you the map!!!
Then he started one of the funniest yet weirdest conversations I have had around here, he asked us where are we from , and then asked are you Muslims? And he started telling us how he does not believe in any religion but he believes that the world has one and only Manager, and he has tried to know more about Islam but he was afraid that they will not accept him.
I was like: Who "THEY"!!! he said: muslims. I explained to him that no one on earth is qualified in any possible way to accept him or refuse him, and that the best thing about islam that a persons relation with God is direct , no one ever has the right to come between the two of you.
He asked me for a book about Islam so he may know better , I asked him where can I see him and he said that he has a carriage in which he sells flowers and he always stops in the same spot. Then he gave us flowers as a gift , he said the flowers name is Nargo and that she is the flower of Granada. His name is Franciso , 60 something years old with a very wide smile and good logic (Logic that led him to the fact that this world must have one God to run it)... We left him and went ,, accidentaly found Rio Genil (Genil river) , we spent there some nice time...
Butterfliesssssssssssssss in Stomach ...
How do things find me around you Granada!!!
Some pictures
The wonderful Rio Genil ...
Although this might sound stupid but I am saying it anyway: When I saw this picture on the memory card I could not help but think "Am I really Twenty years old?!!!!" I don't know why I thought about this now,, Ever since I turned 20 I have been having hard time imagining it, you know the number 20 has been to me -as I was growing- the time when a person is mature an holding the grip of everything ...
I Am 20 .. do i have to repeat this? I AM 20 but I am me!! you know what does "me" mean? , me is the only person whom I ever put up with , ever lived with , ever liked , ever fought with and ever learned to accept really and thoroughly!!
God , I am 20!!!!!!!
Goofing in the bus
I am proud of this picture ,,, oh !! if you cant know what I was photographing then you have to look in the mirror .. loool
The flowers of Francisco in Konya
The flowers on my table , and emm one more thing: These are juice bottles , nothing suspicious
Thanks Francisco ,,,, See you soon enshalla :)

No comments: