Saturday, September 19, 2009

لا أوحش الله منك يا رمضان ...Ramadan: Sayounara :(

This Ramadan I was up all nights , so when the Mesahher passed by our gate I would always hear him. The sound of his particular drum always gave me the chills and the feeling of some kind of glory. When I was a child I used to think that Msahher is not human but a big shiny Fanoos that flies and moves between houses awakening people for suhoor. A long time has passed since I discovered that Mshher is a human being just like us , but still everytime he passes I voluntarily go back to my old vision and get amazed AGAIN!

Ever year a day before Eid the Msahher of our neighbourhood would take his drum to the street in daylight so people will see him and give him Eidyye (money given as a gift in eid). I always wanted to give him that , but the encounter with him aways worried me. I accepted the fact the he is human , but what if he is just a usual person or a mean person? he will just ruin my childhood fantasy.

Today Dad took me with him when he gave Eidyye to the Mesahher ... The man thanked dad with a worm smile.. A smile that saved my Fantasy :)

Happy Eid ... May Allah accept Ramadan from us , may those who have not yet been blessed with the bless of Islam be among muslims next year , may those who have lost the path to refind it and rebulid the trust and the friendship with Allah , may those who have done a little this year do more next year , and those who have done enough continue to do good deeds and flourish the world with the bless of Belief.

No comments: