Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Last Treat from Amman: Rain

Maybe yesterday I was looking at flags being moved by the wind in University Street and I thought to myself: "The best moment of every year for me is the moment when it rains for the first time in Amman, so sad that I am going to miss it this year" ...

Its Amman that matters for me , everytime it rains for the first time I feel some kind of infinte happiness ... maybe beacuase its so rare and so sought after , maybe beacuase Amman is just too wonderful on its own and get even more charming when it rains ...

I thought that missing things is an essential part of being away , but my Amman gave me the treat today of seeing the rain for the first time this year .. its too early for us but yet it happened .. we ere shopping in Mokhayyam El-Hussein (Hussein Refugee Camp) and it rained .. it smelled of rain , of dust being taken away , the sound of water drops on the pavement and the view of people running and children showering under the tiny drops.

Thanks to Allah for the bless of Rain .. most of all : Thanks to Allah for being a person from Amman :)

No comments: