Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ikebana: Another Japanese path down my soul

Maybe I never had the chance to mention in this blog how much I hated (still hate and will ever hate) school. School was an everlasting nightmare that I cried every year in the first day of school untill Tawjihi.
There were many aspects of the terror school has given me and one of them was hand crafts. Every class that requires any type of handcraft skills would lead me to rare kind of frustration, having a good plan in my head but not being able to convey the idea to my hands.

Today , we took a class of ikebana (japanese flower arrangement). As I missed the first two Ramdan events (shoudu and anime movie) I decided to participate in this one.

Our sensei (who is by the way married to a guy from Irbid which indicates good taste ^_^) made a short presentation before she started working with her hands. I am always totally and deeply amazed by how people can do these simple , yet thoroughly studied things. She taught us that there are numbers and proprtions for the lenghts of branches .. taught us many simple things that lead at the end to a production that is meant to be!!! Its just great!!!

flowers that I see for the first time



The workshop .. sooooo neat ...


Tamra san just fits between the flowers ( Tamara san is good in using her hands .. Look at her Hijab and you will see my point)




Focus: The sensei is taking a picture of me taking a picture of him taking a picture (I can go on forever you know :)




Pictures of Haddad sensei during her presentation ... The kimono is just wonderful but how she and kikuchi sensei tied the wide sleeves with a ribbon just startled me... sooo neat!! (I have issues with the word "neat")

My first arrangement ... after whining about it for 15 minutes I ripped it into parts , it looked so ugly at the time , although it looks good in the picture :)


Abeerusan no Ikebana





Involved :)

My second arrangement (before the sensei came and gave me many tips)


another angle

Hasna san no Ikebana




Tamara san no Ikebana







The work of the sensei



Another work of the sensei


Abeerusan :)



Tamarasan







The winning Ikebana ...
How much I love this feeling : When someone wins over me but I feel so satisfied because I have learned something ... and because the winning work has something really outstanding , balanced , attractive and wise (cant explain it m but it really looked wise)

My Ikebana after the sensei's visit ... she said that th nature of my flowers and my choice of colors look a lot like a beautiful woman who is wearing a beautiful dress but there is something missing (Ahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I said the exact same words to myself hundreds of times infront of the mirror :) ... I now know it : I dont pay attention to the details although I think I do. Its all about the details



Cleaning after the activity


Proud desu :)



We said good bye and walked ... Hasna san and I saw this sensu on one of the windows of the registration building ... Nice touch Yorudan Daigaku :)
Finally I think that life is all about the details and about trying new stuff and not alienating one's idea up there in the head . Hands are good too .. very good
Ja Mata

No comments: