Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last Coffee : Adel and I

Today I went to the Uni to enjoy my last cup coffee. I think its officially the last one because Ramadan is too close , and after Eid I will have 3 days only before I go to Spain ... soooo it was something. It was the last goodbye to my favorite coffee Kiosk and my dearest cooffe guy Adel .. he was the best all the time , the friend with whom I share the friendship with the least words possible .. still I am going to miss him a ,ot ,, miss the smell ,, the test of my morning coffe ... all the details of my magical mornings in Jordan University ...

I sat down on a sidewalk close to my faculty and it just hit me : I am not going to do this again until the first day of March .. its weird you know,,, I have been doing this for 2 years and a half now each and every morning .. Adel gives me my order of Coffee , light on sugar , well boiled , no foam , 2 brownies ..it happens automatically : I pick a chair (most likely one fixed chair for every semister) I read in a novel util I am done with the coffee , I write while eating the brownie ...

One big sigh before the mature Idea: We lose old routines so we can get new ones , new ones that come with new types of pleasure and nice moments.
And Adel : Thanks for being my Luke Danes :)

No comments: