Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching up with my Alzhaimer-1: A laptop for 2 JD's

I participated in the Korean Literature Contest kidding totally , I did not even think that I will make it till the end of the novel. But anyway I went to Jafar bookshop , paid the two JD's and bought the novel , and as I read I found a line that can lead me to a nice deep analysis. Its that the protagonist went through many experiences that looked like my own.
Being a country guy in a city is not something pleasant or easy (especially if you go to private sophisticated school like the one I used to go to) God how much I hated my life by then .. so writing this analysis was the way out for all my negative feelings.
I handed it out in the last day (Typical me!!) and on the evening of May 13 I was trying to study something for my Spanish scholarship test when I got that funny phone call from the secretery of Asian Languages Department telling me that I won 2nd place. I was devestated .. I thought I wrote a very nice topic and no one would possibly top me .. i wrote it from the depth of my heart .. how can that happen!! I got mad and slept.
Second day I am sitting on my morning chair reading and accepting the tuth a little bit more. Sadoof came along and I told her about the phone call , she was not done comforting me when I got a phone call from a Korean teacher telling me with her funny arabic thatI need to be in El-Kindi at 10 beacuse I won first place and I have to read my analysis for the audience!!!!
Sadoof was jumping and so was I ... I thought that God had a better plan than mine: winning the first pkace after accepting the truth of going second is even better. Also I thought that God wants me to behave when it comes to my writing atitude. I need to remeber that iys a agift from God that can be taken from me the moment I feel arrogant. I was happy .. if God still sends me messages then he cares .. and what is better than Gods care!!
This is the translator Mr. June and Dr. Lee jung ... Mr. June speaks a wonderful arabic .. friends told me that he studied arabic for 17 years so far. Dr. Lee jung speaks japaneseand chinese .. she was so thrilled about me winning and she talked to me in japanes (not to mention that I was extremly ashamed of my rusty level in japanese!!)
The korean ambassador .. he is so cute , I read in the program that he is the one to hand me the prize so I told Dr. Rinad to tell him that I dont shake hands . He did not!! he just bowed to me in respect and he was more than happy to listen to me reading the analysis although he did not speak arabic.
Takwa-san reading the analysis.. the writer Mr. Lee Dong Ha was among the audience .. I must admit: He was bored till death while I was reading .. I guess the music of arabic did not appeal to him
I guess that the head blocking the picture belongs to Ahmad .. anyways I will be more than happy to have his head blocking the picture : he has a good head and a good taste .. it seems that smart men did not go extincy after all!!
They say it: eyes on the prize!!
Am not in the picture but the Laptop is in it .. what more do I need?!
Opening the Box to have the first look:
Step one:
Step two:
First encounter with my laptop whom I called" Mr. June" after the translator
We(Sara Lujain and Takwa-san) went up to the magnificent wall (essour el3ajeeb) and ate shawerma and celebrated.
This is my Certificate ... of which I am so proud (please notive the yellow paper rose!! It fell in our way to Seveen but we found it in our way back ... its nice and so Korean)
Translating the anlaysis to English :
Dr.Hye Jin Park the Korean translator who called me in first place asked me to translate the analysis to english so she will translate it to Korean , then It will enter a contest between other analysises from around the arab countries and the winner gets a fully paid trip to KOREA!!!
In the picture you can see the mess I made around me translating and sending done parts to Dr.Park ... It might have been the weiredest translation I have ever done ... my mind was working on many lines but still could deliver a fine translation. (Nothing fits me like arabic ,,, NOTHING).
Finally get to meet my Laptop after he came bach from programming alive and kicking:
Welcome to my World little creature :)
Onionsayyou

No comments: