Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Japanese shopping: The hell of an experience!!!

My mother was bored ... and as being known for taking advantage of peoples boredom I suggested going to "Daiso"... I saw the advertisement in our class in JAAJ and I thought to myself: Its going to be sth stupid but why not give it a shot... and so we went.

Its Just AWESOME!!!
Its so big and diversed that I had to use my ATM card to pay afterall!!! If my mother was not there keeping an eye on my I would have spent all my salary ... You just cant get enough coz things are wether smart , funky , funny , important , heart touching , delicate and useful.

I thought it would be frustrating that packets and bags did not say anything niether in arabic or english: It was completely japanese and i could read "kudasai" written almost on everything ^_^ and for my own surprise having all these japanese texts around gave me a warm feeling I dont know why .. I thought I would feel dumb but I didnt : )

I took some pictures in the shop for the things I had to leave behind:
A very japanese "leefe" (what does that mean in English!!)

This proves that Japanese people take care of the tiniest details:

A cat scratching mat!!!

I love it .. dont ask me why




My mother had to do a little parenting in the shop (Takwa!!!! Leave this .. leave that ... enough shopping .. easy on your salary... I am not paying for this... think twice before you bring more rubbish to your Mazbale) (mazbale is the equivelent of : My room ^_^) inspite of all of this I still had the chance to maintain a nice conversation with the cute cashier Walaa who brought me a list of japanese words which her manager gave to her and made me read them for her:)

Now these are the things that came back home with me:

Before peeling


After peeling:




My brother drove us crazy with those:


It was a very nice trip that I am going to do over and over again ... its like a dream coming true as I could take back home Hiragana stickers and folk games.
Sayounara
^_^






No comments: