Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Changing Tracks

Today I had a conversation with one of my teachers, the one who recommended that I apply to the Jordan Media Institute for a Modern Media Masters program.

It was a pleasant conversation although I could help but feel extremely down when I left her office as I remembered a line she said. She said and I quote: Forget about Spanish and get to work.

So after all this time of rolling in the happiness of languages and above all Spanish , I will have -eventually- to face the ugly truth that this might not work in the ''real world". I knew this all the time, but I always hoped for a miracle, but instead of the miracle Spain drowned more and more in the economical crisis and for the very first time since god knows when they stopped offering the MA and Phd scolarships :(

So, this Media Institute thingy looks like a great opportunity as long as there is no way to go to Spain. My teacher said that I would make a great TV host or even better: get my own radio program!! 

Later in the evening I went to the academy where I taught a  Spanish course last fall. I was so happy to be there. I also though to myself: Although teaching Spanish here was one of the best jobs that I ever had , but am still too young to stick in my comfort zone.

Here is a message that I sent that exact night to my friend. I post it here so I can get back to it whenever I get a ''Real-World" scare. I care about being happy Nada mas :)

 aham eshy nkoon fulfilled be 3'add enazar keef
bakrah el discourse ely be7ssesek ennek eza ma kan 3ndek eshagle el flanyye fa enty 7ayatek empty! hainy ana mo8bele 3ala soo8 el 3amal bas mesh be 7amas walla , l2no I know what matters, ana ma 3ndi 6moo7at professional , I love to read and to be helpful , fa low balagi masadar masari o agdar ma3o a3ees el na3eem el ma3refi batrek kol el shogol ely fel dnia o basma7esh la wala feminist t7o66 fe rasi enu 3amal el mar2a mohem 

wala eshy mohem ger esa3ade

No comments: