Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crazy evening revising Katakana in the Cafeteria




You know the moment when I get inspired? I just feel like i am gonna study it all in one blow...
I grabbed my japanese books , laptop , camera and coffee mug and went down to the cafteria, Just for a change.

Scene 1: Takwa san studying like a good girl ... listening to Cat Stevens
Scene 2: Takwa gets a little bored m a guy and a girl are sitting in the next table so to make a conversation Takwa san waves "Got a cigarette?" and they are like yessss , were are you from? what do you study? you are muslim? Jordan? oh yeah petra and the conversation rolls.
Scene 3: The guy "Fran" tells me that his parents are divorced , his mum is a french plastic surgeon who owns 3 clinics in Spain and works in New york were he lived for 17 years (and still speaks funny english) .
Scene 4: Fran says that boobs made of silicon dont feel as good as real boobs!!!
Scene 5: He holds on a bit and then says: I love your eyes!! another moment passes and he says: Can I have them?!!!
Scene 6: Fran says: I know jordan , there you are not allowed to drink but you can marry 4 women... is it the same Jordan I know?
Scene 7: Mami (The girl) tells him that if you are just gonna go on cheating on your girl friends then marrying four woman is a batter option.
Scene 8: Fran tells Mami: Will you come to my house? Mami looks at me and says: He is such a peg!
Scene 9: Fran shows me a tatoo with the inicilas of the girl he really loved , her name is Mami! Mami tells me that she is 21 and has been in a relationship for 5 years, her man is in Germany now , i ask her whats his name? she says: Fran!!!!!!!
Scene 10: Mario enters the Cafeteria like a thunder storm while Fran and Mami are talking m he sits next to me and says: Are they in love?!!
Scene 10: A friend of Fran and Mami comes along ,, Hi my name is Christine,,, I am Takwa nice to meet you ,, and she says: Do you have an ad on the web for arabic classes? I am like "What the hell!! how do you know?" she says "I contacted you 3 months ago" ... PS: I was in Jordan 3 months ago!!

A group of boys come in to play with this ugly baby foot ,, and God there goes the yelling the thumping the kicking and ohhh yeah the Cursing!! Each and every curse i have ever learned in the Castellan language was said over and over , meanwhile Mario was fighting with Fran over who is more important Economics (Frans major) or Political sciences (Marios major) ... I wanted to stick their tongues to the ceiling .

The storm passes and I am safe for a while , Comes lujain , Goes , Mario is back after loading the washing machine with Esther and Antonio ,,, Antonio is a wonderful boy from Cordoba who is weird to be seen with Mario!! The biggest mouth on town!!

Scene 11: Mario asks if I have hair!! Then if he can see it!! Mami is just staring incapable to utter a word infront of those two lunatics ...

They go ...

Back to Scene 1: Takwa san is studying like a good girl
Scene 2: I feel so miserable and alone ... I wish they would come back ,, I think of Mom , no one is as true as she is , the world just does not feel right ,, no one really cares for me ,,, my true friends are somewhere behind facebook , they are unreachable,,, I have never felt totally and thoroughly like an ISLAND before..
Scene 3: I collect my stuff and leave the cafeteria , I find shurook so we go in together , 3 persons are waiting for the elevator (never happened before) so we take the stairs (Hell never happened before) ,,, and when we are one floor away from our rooms I find that girl , an asian girl I saw this morning in breakfast and did nit get the guts to ask her if she is japanes ... I stop and ask her in spanish if he is japanese m so she replies in english that she does not speak spanish , I repeat the question in english and he tells me no I am chinese , I teach chinese
Scene 4: I am in her room helping her translate a survey from chinese to english to spanish!! I can tell what is the word before she translates it because the kanjis have the same meaning as in japanese !!!
Scene 5: I am eating chinese sweets made from beans.
Scene 6: Xing Ling her name means : Heart and Soul!!
Scene 7: She tells me that she feels lonely and frustrated in Spain , she is afriad to go out and get lost then not find one person who speaks proper english to help her ..
Scene 8: We are making plans for two weekends!!
Scene 9: She asks how does it feel to have a religion and love a God
Scene 10: She leaves my room after I gave her a map of Granada and I tell her pointing to myself: You have family here.

God Bless Asia, nothing like the madhouse of Europe!!

Its early to say so but i have Family here ... Xing Ling Sye sye (Thank you in chinese)

1 comment:

Buen Salvaje said...

I don't know what to say, Takwa, as i told you last night, there are many people in spain that use to talks in a little bit provocative way. I think that could funny with your friends, but not talking about sensitive issues like religion. I think they could be a little unpolite, but you know, you always find all kind of people in a country.
I warn you about Granada people, they use to be a little unkind. I've lived here almost for ten years and I don get used to that sightly unpleasant character. But you have to be a little patient, because that not necessary means that they are bad persons, It's something they have been learning throughout all their lives!
Lot of air kisses!