Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What is the problem with muslims? with me as a start

Dont you just love this video? its not that i am converting to scientology but I have to stop and say "Hay! Those people are smart and respectful" ...Watching the video gave me the chills and it made me think "What did I do to Islam?" look how neat the video is , how smart , neat , beautiful and diversed the persons who were interviewed in it . Such videos send the right message and make people wanna know more ..

The girl in second 29 who says "I really wanna have a pin that says "I am a scientologist" if you have questions come ask me" made me feel bad about myself and also about the way things are around me.

I am a Muslim .. I cant think of anything of which I am proud more. I am a Muslim by choice and not only by being born in a Muslim family , still: what did I do to tell people about me religion? Nothing!!! big fat NOTHING ... I just gave it a thought "What if I tell my supervisors in the uni that I will be putting on such a pin in Spain?" .. I cant even think about it.. there are going to be a lot of laughing commenting and the worst of all: complicating the thought in a way that always leads to one and only idea " you dont tell people what to do , stop being an islamist".

Its really funny!! Anyone in the world can feel free to talk about whatever he or she believes in but when a muslim decides to do so he gets crtisizing suficient for a hundred years to go from muslims just like himself.

I will drop the victims atitude and think .. just like everyone is smartly promoting their ideas so can I :) wait and see

1 comment:

momiji said...

You don't need to put a pin to tell the people you are Muslim. Your behavior or character will show that you are Muslim I think.
For example, you wear Hijab!
And that is worth than a pin.
Of course you wear Hijab not for showoff, but the Hijab also have a big part in telling people that "I'm Muslim, I respect and OBEY Islamic rules, and I'm proud to be Muslim!"