Monday, July 6, 2015

A Poem I Accidentally Translated: كلمات سبارتكوس الأخيرة


Yesterday, as I was following the news of the Greek referendum, I remembered this old poem of Amal Dunqul, and as I wanted my Spanish friends to read it I translated it on my phone and posted it on Facebook. Amazing words of wisdom, written sometime in the past and they fit the present like a glove:


المجد للشيطان .. معبود الرياح
من قال " لا " في وجه من قالوا " نعم "
من علّم الإنسان تمزيق العدم
من قال " لا " .. فلم يمت ,
وظلّ روحا أبديّة الألم !
أمل دنقل
Alabado sea Satanás 
El adorado por los vientos
El que dijo "No" en la cara de quienes dijeron "Sí"

Quien enseñó al hombre a romper la nada
Quien dijo "No" y no se murió
Y permaneció como alma dolida eternamente

Amal Dunqul - Poeta egipcio

To read the rest of the poem in Arabic please Click Here.

No comments: